Our Transylvania County branch of the NAACP was founded in 2014. Our mission embraces protecting the political, educational, social and economic rights of all – people of color, women, immigrants, workers, LGBTQ people, voters, children and more.
Today, we are bringing together lifelong residents and newcomers of every background, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation and gender identity in pursuit of that mission. We are committed to:
- Ensuring the political, educational, social, and economic equality of all citizens.
- Eliminate of race prejudice and discrimination.
- Seek enactment and enforcement of federal, state, and local civil rights laws.
- Educate everyone on their constitutional rights and the rights of all who live in our community.
- Expand environmental justice, to minimize impact on public health of poor communities and people of color.
Join us! We are raising our voices and we will be heard! Through our work, we have a built a strong platform from which to speak to local and state officials in the discussion of all these issues. Whether you are a lifelong activist, or newly inspired by recent events to speak out against injustice and for equality, there is room for you in the Transylvania NAACP.
Click here to be a Card Carrying Member of the NAACP!
Don’t forget to check the Events Calendar and Join us in Brevard!