Since 1909, NAACP has been a leader in the fight against racism and for equality and justice. Early campaigns were around the hate crime of lynching and racist depictions of African-Americans in film and theater. Current struggles are to secure voting rights, enact criminal justice reform and protect Black lives. Working to realize the vision of a society in which all individuals have equal rights.
Our Transylvania County branch of the NAACP was founded in 2014. Our mission embraces protecting the political, educational, social and economic rights of all – people of color, women, immigrants, workers, LGBTQ people, voters, children and more.
Political Action –
We Need Your Help!
- Please help us communicate to VOTE YES for the H.R. 1 – For the People Act of 2021
- Mail letter: Senator Joe Manchin, 305 Hart Senate Office Building, DC 20510
- Call: Senator Joe Manchin: 202-224-3954
- Ensuring the equality of all citizens
- Elimination of racial prejudice and discrimination
- Defense and expansion of civil rights laws
- Full respect for the constitutional rights of all who live in our community
- Expand environmental justice, to minimize impact on public health of poor communities and people of color